Slow Cooker Taco Soup
It’s Foodie Friday and today I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes which is a slow cooker taco soup. First of all, its so easy to make as the name suggests and second, we enjoy it year round. The other day I saw we had a can of black beans in the pantry and taco soup came to mind instantly. It’s something my 14 month old daughter is enjoying now too which is great since it has all the healthy veggies.
My friends and family love this recipe and request I make it on the regular! I hope you enjoy it too! The recipe doesn’t call for this but I had a ton of fresh carrots and zucchini in the fridge so I chopped those up and added them as well.
1 medium onion (diced)
1 can black beans
1 can light kidney beans
1 can chili beans
1 can corn
2 cans petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can tomato puree
1 whole chicken breast raw
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup water
- Place raw chicken in bottom of slow cooker
- Add all canned ingredients undrained, onions, water, and seasoning
- Sow cook for 3 hours
- Take chicken out on cutting board. Using a fork, shred chicken
- Put chicken back in slow cooker and cook for an additional hour
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and top with crackers.
Check out my previous recipe HERE